Accommodation & Amenities
Up to 10 guests can be accommodated at Singita Milele, with a spacious master bedroom suite, two other large private suites, including a junior master suite, and a two-bedroom family suite perfect for adults with children.
- Dedicated Villa staff including a field guide, chef, butler and housekeeping team
- Spacious interior lounges with fireplaces, dining areas, floor-to-ceiling windows with breathtaking views, sitting areas and writing desks
- Expansive outdoor lounges with external fireplaces, fully stocked bars, dining areas, daybeds, loungers and a pool table
- A beautiful infinity swimming pool overlooking the Serengeti plains and four separate jacuzzis
- Outdoor sala
- Boma with covered kitchen for outdoor gatherings
- Indoor and outdoor fireplaces and fire pits
- Fully equipped fitness centre
- 10-person movie room
- A fully stocked wine cellar
- The Boutique & Gallery at the nearby Singita Sasakwa Lodge
- Televisions in each suite
- World class IT throughout the villa to ensure seamless and uninterrupted WiFi connectivity
- Children of all ages are welcome and babysitting services are available
- Tailormade activities to suit each group or family (children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of guides)
- Please note that there are no Kosher or Halaal facilities at Singita Milele
1 Master Suite; 1 Junior Master (King) + 3 King/Twins; Maximum 10 guests
- quoted in US Dollars (USD / $),
- inclusive of VAT, and
- subject to change without prior notice as a result of periodic notifications from the relevant authorities.
- All meals and beverages
- Dedicated Villa staff including a field guide, chef, butler and housekeeping team
- Private game drives in open game-viewing vehicles
- Return road transfers between the Sasakwa airstrip and Singita Milele
- Telephone calls
- Laundry service
- WiFi access
- Wildlife Fee, Park Fee, Concession Fee, Tourism Development Levy
- Carbon Offset Levy
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- Massage treatments
- Any additional activities not mentioned above
- Singita Milele Day Use Rate (applicable for early check-in & late check-out)
- Transport to and from Singita Grumeti or Singita Lamai.
We accept Visa, MasterCard and American Express cards.
Check-in / out Times
- Open Year-Round
- Check-in time: 14h00
- Check-out time: 11h00
- Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the day-use rate.
Encountering Africa’s magnificent wildlife is a truly life-changing experience, no matter what one’s age, and time spent at Singita Milele makes for an unforgettable family holiday. Filled with discovery and shared connections within nature, it’s an ideal opportunity to open children’s eyes to the wonders of an untouched wilderness.
All activities at the villa are tailored to specifically suit the interests of each family. In the interest of safety, children may participate in game drives and bush walks at the discretion of dedicated Field Guides. The villa also offers childminding services, as well as an array of activities to keep little ones engaged and entertained.
Our exciting Mini Rangers Course is a customised, fun-filled programme that opens up a whole new world to young explorers. It includes learning how to track animals; astronomy; bush survival techniques; game-, tree- and bird-spotting competitions, as well as nature quizzes.
Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Milele.
More children’s activities offered:
- Cooking interactions
- Board games
- Bush walks (minimum age 16)
- Activity booklets with a variety of quizzes and games
- Arts & crafts
For booking enquiries, please reach out to our reservations team in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Tel: +27 (0)21 683 3424
- Direct Guests: email@example.com
- Agents: firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact Singita Milele:
Please phone our central reception in the Serengeti and you will be redirected to the Villa:
Tel: +1 770 947 7049/98
Weather & What to Pack
Seasons in the Serengeti
East Africa is equatorial so the climate is fairly constant and it is a year-round destination. Tanzania has a light rain season from November to March. This period is known as the ‘short rains’, often no more than a quick downpour each day, followed by clear sunshine. From December to March the weather becomes increasingly warmer with the ‘long rains’ occurring between April and May.
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
October – April:
Casual summer clothing (shorts and lightweight shirts) with a warm jersey or sweater for the cooler morning and evening temperatures.
May – September:
Casual lightweight clothing with a very warm parka or windbreaker jacket for the very cold mornings and nights.
WHAT TO PACK
*Our airline partners require that you travel with soft-sided luggage (max 15kg/33lb per person)
To ensure a comfortable safari experience, we recommend that you bring the following:
- Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
- Comfortable walking or track shoes, or hiking boots for walks as well as sandals to wear around the lodge.
- Activewear if you plan on using the facilities at the fitness centre or your private in-room fitness area.
- Only soft-sided luggage is accepted (duffel bag)
Health & Travel
Please consult your doctor or physician before travelling to Singita.
- Malaria: Singita Grumeti is situated in a malaria-risk area. It is therefore essential that you consult your medical practitioner regarding anti-malaria requirements prior to your trip.
- Vaccinations: Guests are strongly advised to check the latest information with regard to vaccinations for travel to Tanzania with their local travel clinic or travel agent.
- COVID-19: Your health is our top priority and Singita’s well-informed measures address all concerns travellers may have surrounding COVID-19. In line with the latest recommendations from leading authorities like the World Health Organization, our protocols ensure safe environments and experiences throughout your stay. Please check the latest travel advisory to ensure that you are prepared for all special COVID-19 travel requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Requirements change from time to time. Although we endeavour to stay updated, Singita cannot be held liable for any incorrect or outdated information and we strongly advise guests to always consult their doctor and/or travel clinic regarding the latest requirements prior to departure.
All travellers require a passport valid for 6 months after arrival as well as at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.
While it is possible to drive to our lodges and camps in Singita Grumeti and Lamai, we strongly recommend flying for a more efficient and enjoyable travel experience.
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip.
- All flights land at the Singita Sasakwa airstrip in the Grumeti Reserve. On arrival, guests are met by a Singita staff member and driven to their lodge or camp.
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 15kg (33lb) for checked baggage. Only soft-sided luggage is permitted.
- Kilimanjaro – Singita: approximately 1 hr 15 minutes (if direct)
- Arusha – Singita: approximately 1 hr (if direct)
- Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and must adhere to strict aviation protocols.
Grumeti Air makes it quicker, easier and safer than ever before for Singita’s guests to seamlessly connect to one of Africa’s most iconic wilderness areas. The airline allows the renowned Singita experience to commence as soon as your journey across Tanzania begins, putting you in the hands of our expert team from start to finish.
Added benefits for those travelling with our partner airline include the convenience and time-saving offered by Grumeti Air. With daily direct flights from Arusha to Singita Sasakwa via Kilimanjaro, guests don’t experience the usual delay of stopping off at other airstrips along the way.
The uninterrupted journey to Singita’s 350,000-acre concession in Grumeti from Tanzania’s main travel hubs means less time in the air and more time enjoying the expansive plains of the Serengeti. For guests travelling further north to Singita Mara River Tented Camp, it’s just a scenic, 15-minute hop to the spectacular Lamai Triangle from there.
- The Grumeti Air fleet comprises two turboprop Cessna Grand Caravans, each carrying up to 12 passengers and flown by a team of two highly qualified and experienced pilots.
- With 30,000 hours of flying time under the belts of our captains and their co-pilots, as well as impeccable safety records throughout, every aspect of the journey to and from your Singita safari can be enjoyed in complete comfort.
- Every flight also comes with the warm, personalised service that Singita is known for, making you feel right at home as you take to the skies.
Private charter flights are also available.
Being committed to conservation, Grumeti Air is now offsetting its aviation fuel carbon emissions. In April 2019, the airline signed a carbon-reduction agreement with social enterprise Carbon Tanzania. Grumeti Air submits monthly flying hours enabling Carbon Tanzania to calculate the related carbon emissions. Grumeti Air is then billed and these funds are reinvested in carbon-reducing projects run by Carbon Tanzania. Carbon Tanzania is certified by Plan Vivo, a third party organisation that certifies the offsets are real, measurable, permanent and benefit indigenous communities. A Carbon Smart certification is awarded to Grumeti Air in recognition of this commitment. Visit www. carbontanzania.com for more information.
* The carbon off-set fees are borne by Grumeti Air, and not recharged to guests on GA tickets or invoices.