Accommodation & Amenities
Nestled on the banks of the Sand River in the heart of South Africa’s ‘Big Cat’ country, this idyllic family retreat provides the ideal location to restore and celebrate cherished connections with loved ones. Evoking the romance and adventure of classic tented safaris with stylish canvas details and expansive glass doors and windows, the villa’s two secluded family suites are set alongside each other, making it perfect for adults with small children or teenagers.
A spacious dining area and veranda, swimming pool, heated plunge pools, a stone fireplace, private boma and viewing decks immerse guests in the surrounding wilderness..
- 1 x Villa comprises the two family suites with access to an additional private lounge, swimming pool and deck area, which connects these two individual suites. Ebony Villa includes a private guide and vehicle, chef, host and banakeli (personal waiter). There is a private entrance and boma, so small groups searching for complete seclusion will be at ease. The Ebony Villa is suited to up to four adults and four children under 12 years, or up to six adults and teenagers.
Note: Children of all ages are welcome.
- There is a private swimming pool.
- Wellness and fitness centre facilities are available.
- Our Singita Boutique & Gallery and Premier Wine Boutique.
- There is a television available in the library at the main lodge.
- Dependent upon area coverage, there is mobile phone signal.
- There is complimentary internet (WiFi) access, however due to the remote location of the lodge, the wireless connection can be slow and intermittent.
- Electricity/power available: 220V. Converters are also available and hair dryers are supplied in each suite
- Children of all ages are welcome. There are babysitting services available and tailor-made activities to suit each family.
- In the interest of safety, children’s participation in game activities is at the discretion of your guide.
Tour our Guest Suites
Private use of the 2 Family Suites; 4 Doubles/Twins; max 4 adults & 4 children
- Quoted in South African Rand (ZAR / R),
- Inclusive of Value Added Tax (VAT) at 15%, and subject to change.
- All meals and beverages (including premium wines, spirits and liqueurs, but excluding French Champagne)
- Twice daily open Land Rover safaris
- Walking safaris
- Return road transfers between the Singita airstrip and the lodges
- Laundry service
- Tourism Levy
- Carbon Offset Levy
- Telephone calls
- Purchases from the Singita Boutique & Gallery
- French Champagne
- Massage treatments
- Transport to and from the reserve
- Conservation contribution
- Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Ebony Lodge.
- Infants under the age of 2 years will be accommodated free of charge.
- Children aged 10-16 years will be accommodated at 50% of the adult rate when sharing a standard Suite or Lewis suite with one adult or another child.
- A single child accommodated in their own suite will attract the full adult rate.
- Families of four or more members, including at least one child under 10 years, are required to book a Family suite and are guaranteed the complimentary use of a private vehicle.
- Families of up to three members, including at least one child under 10 years, are required to book the Family suite and pay for the use of a private safari vehicle.
- If no family accommodation is available, an additional guest (10 – 16 years) can be accommodated in a triple on request. An additional room needs to be booked and a minimum charge of 3 adults will apply.
- In the interest of safety, the participation of children in game activities is at the discretion of the guide.
A single supplement will apply if 3 or more single rooms are booked in a reservation. A supplement of 25% of the adult rate will be added from the 3rd single room onwards.
Arrivals & departures for guests travelling during festive season; no arrivals and departures on Christmas Day or New Year's Day at Singita Lodges
Check-in / out Times
Check-in time: 14h00
Check-out time: 11h00
Please note that guests wishing to check in before 14h00 and/or check out after 11h00 are required to book an additional night at the day-use rate.
Encountering Africa’s magnificent wildlife is a truly life-changing experience, no matter what one’s age, and time spent at Singita Ebony Lodge makes for an unforgettable family holiday. Filled with discovery and shared connections within nature, it’s an ideal opportunity to open children’s eyes to the wonders of an untouched wilderness.
All activities at the lodge are tailored to specifically suit the interests of each family. In the interest of safety, children may participate in game drives and bush walks at the discretion of dedicated Field Guides. The lodge also offers childminding services, as well as an array of activities to keep little ones engaged and entertained.
Our exciting Mini Rangers Course is a customised, fun-filled programme that opens up a whole new world to young explorers. It includes learning how to track animals; astronomy; bush survival techniques; game-, tree- and bird-spotting competitions as well as nature quizzes.
Children of all ages are welcome at Singita Ebony Lodge.
More children’s activities offered:
- Cooking interactions
- Board games
- Bush walks (minimum age 16)
- Activity booklets with a variety of games, quizzes and games
- Arts & crafts
Please phone our Sabi Sand reception and you will be redirected to the lodge or camp you wish to contact.
Tel: +27 (0)13 735 9800
For booking enquiries, please reach out to our reservations team in cape Town, South Africa.
- Tel: +27 (0)21 683 3424
- Direct Guests: email@example.com
- Agents: firstname.lastname@example.org
To ensure your comfort you may want to tailor your clothing choices to the time of year:
October – April:
The weather is warm during the day and cooler in the morning and evenings. We recommend casual summer clothes (shorts and cool shirts) and a warm jersey/sweater for the cooler times of day.
May – September:
This is fall and winter and the temperature will be mild during the day, but colder in the mornings and evenings. We recommend casual light clothing and a very warm parka/jacket for the extremely cold mornings and nights.
Best Time to go on Safari
Southern Africa is a year-round destination. Traditionally the dry winter months (April to October) are best for game viewing, due to the shorter grass, lack of foliage and the absence of water which forces the game to concentrate around the remaining sources of drinking water.
Annual rainfall, usually in the form of short afternoon thunder showers that clear up within an hour, occur from December to March. Many species give birth to their young around the start of the rains, so the bush is alive with newborn animals.
What to Bring
*Our airline partners require that you travel with soft-sided luggage (max 15kg/33lb per person).
We recommend packing the following:
- Cotton clothing in neutral colours is recommended for all game drives and bush walks. It is best to avoid white clothing and dark colours for bush activities, as they tend to attract certain bugs. Formal wear is not required at any of our lodges.
- Comfortable walking shoes/track shoes/hiking boots for walks and sandals to wear around the lodge.
- Swimming costume/bathing suits, sun block, sun hat, sunglasses, lip balm, mosquito repellent (lip balm and mosquito repellent is provided for all our guests, but you are welcome to bring along your favourite brand).
- Camera and video camera, binoculars, spare memory cards and charging equipment.
- The use of unmanned aerial vehicles (drones) is strictly prohibited at Singita.
- Please note that in the event of rain during a game drive, waterproof ponchos will be provided for guests' comfort.
- All of our lodges are located in remote areas and therefore guests should remember to bring an extra pair of correction glasses, contact lens solution and an extra set of contact lenses (if required) as well as a sufficient supply of any prescription medication.
- Malaria: All of Singita’s properties are situated in malaria-risk areas. It is therefore essential that guests consult their medical practitioners regarding anti-malaria requirements prior to travel.
- COVID-19: Your health is our top priority and Singita’s well-informed measures address all concerns travellers may have surrounding COVID-19. In line with the latest recommendations from leading authorities like the World Health Organization, our protocols ensure safe environments and experiences throughout your stay. Please check the latest travel advisory to ensure that you are prepared for all special COVID-19 travel requirements.
PLEASE NOTE: Requirements change from time to time. Although we endeavour to stay updated, Singita cannot be held liable for any incorrect or outdated information and we strongly advise guests to always consult their GP and/or travel clinic regarding the latest requirements prior to departure.
All travellers require a passport valid for 6 months after arrival as well as at least 2 blank visa pages in your passport for travel.
- We can arrange scheduled flights or private charters for your trip.
- All flights land at Singita’s airstrip located 10 minutes from the lodge.
- On scheduled flights, the weight of luggage is restricted to 20kg (44lb) for checked baggage and 5kg (11lb) for hand luggage. Only soft-sided luggage is permitted.
- Johannesburg to Singita Sabi Sand: approximately 1 hour.
- Nelspruit to Singita Sabi Sand: approximately 30 minutes.
- Private aircraft pilots land at their own risk and are advised to broadcast their intentions on frequency 124,8 MHz. Please contact us for further information and to arrange landing.
- From Johannesburg: approximately 6.5 hours’ drive (+/- 500km).
- From Hazyview: approximately 1.75 hours’ drive (+/- 150km).